History of the EDEN AU LAC
The EDEN AU LAC was built in 1909. After a difficult period, the bank Bodenkreditanstalt took over the Hotel in 1935 following bankruptcy proceedings. This heralded a period of renewal and reconstruction which, thanks to the efforts of Arthur Louis Thurherr, marked a chapter in the history of the Swiss hotel trade. In 1935 the bank appointed the businessman as a delegate for the hotel. In the 1960s Ruedi Bärtschi and his wife took over the management. Over the years they acquired the majority shareholding before handing over the management of the Hotel to their daughter Kathrin and their son-in-law, Dario Fumagalli-Bärtschi. The Hotel has belonged to the VICTORIA-JUNGFRAU COLLECTION AG since 2005. Today the neo-baroque building is listed as a cultural monument.